11 May, 2010

Caution! Ridiculous Signage Ahead!

.
So, as you may have heard, we have a fuzzy new member of our family. Unfortunately for her, though, the only pet shop in our immediate area closed down last year. (The funny aside here is that a steakhouse opened up in its place. A little creepy, no?) 

Anyway, in order to buy rabbit food and supplies, we now need to go into Jerusalem. And of course, the pet shop that was highly recommended to me is located right in the center of town, which is currently under construction. I went there last Friday, and no, getting there and parking were not easy. In the end it was all worth it, though - check out what was waiting for me:
 
Every so often I wonder how long I'll be able to keep this blog going. And then I find things like this and stop worrying :)

And as one more side note - the pet shop guy said that if I find five families in Gush Etsion who are interested in buying from him, he will deliver to us! If it's at all tempting, he carries Science Diet dog food. Intrigued, anyone?

Have a great week, everybody!

2 comments:

debbie said...

There's a sign on Rechov Harav Kook that translates that same Hebrew sign as "CARE FULL TRUCKS PASSOVER," which I happened to first see last year around Pesach time!

Mrs. S. said...

LOL! It's especially funny, because it's not a translation - or even a mistranslation - of the Hebrew!

After all, a bad translation would say something like, "Caution! Trucks Crossing."

But, instead, the sign maker chose to add a few extra words to the English... :-)