30 May, 2010

Back at last - with the latest from Africa!

I'm sorry that it's been so long since I last posted, everyone! It's been a crazy couple of weeks, but things seem to be settling down, now. 


Not too long ago, our good friend (and cousin) Arie came back from an overseas trip, and brought me some funny photos, all the way from... Togo! I'm glad that I finally have a chance to post them here.


Just so you know, Togo holds a special place in my heart - back in sixth grade, I wrote a report about Togo. Why did I choose it, I hear you cry? Well, I remember appreciating the fact that we shared a four letter name that began with tee-oh. But I also liked that it was a small, modest country that I hadn't heard of before. And now, after all these years, to think that I'm coming full circle and featuring it on my blog! Well, it's really something.


Anyway, on to the signs! Here's what Arie found:


I like that one a lot. They seem pretty confident, for that little country that I remember. But check out this one:


Good thing that their typos aren't cause for embarrassment :)


But really, that one is cool. Way to cover their bases - it seems that enough embarrassment occurs on this beach to warrant a sign! We can forgive them the misspellings, right? Come on, I think Togo is even smaller than Israel... oh, nope, I just checked. According to Wikipedia, Togo is about 3 times as large as Israel. Wow, do I live in a small country.


Thanks again, Arie! And have a great week, all!

4 comments:

Benjy said...

Ha! "You can be controlled." That was a legitimate lol.

Arie90435 said...

I was actually a bit afraid of even using the towels after reading the first sign. Taking them = control; using them = ???.

I am really glad you liked the signs!

Miriyummy said...

Togo sounds like a perfect country for the Borg -- resistance is futile, you will be assimilated!

Mrs. S. said...

These are awesome! It's nice to know that at least one country is even more, um, signage-challenged than we are!
:-)