22 February, 2011

Tsfat - Say Cheeze!

I don't know how many of you are aware of my other, prettier blog, but I do have one! I started it a little over a year and a half ago, initially because I wanted an outlet to show my mother all the beautiful things that I see on a daily basis. But on my very first post, Leora introduced me to the world of photoblog memes, and I'm officially addicted. I'm now on a constant search for interesting shadows to post on Sundays, good close-ups to post on Mondays, red items for Ruby Tuesdays, architecture for Wednesdays, and of course, nice sky shots for Fridays. Just ask my poor, neglected family how much of my time I spend "just posting one thing," or pulling off to the side of the road to get a shot of something that won't wait. Of course, you're all invited to check it out on a regular basis, if you like! Ah, but I digress. 


The point was supposed to be this: for the last few Wednesdays, I've been posting pretty photos of various windows and doors that we found in Tsfat over this past summer, during a few hours that we spent there. There are some gorgeous things in Tsfat, and even though we weren't there for long, I took an awful lot of photos. Anyway, while looking through them all to find the shots of windows and doors, I came across a few funny signs, too. For example:




Is that a command? Get going, Avni!




Whenever I try to say that one out loud, it seems to adopt an Italian accent, I'm not sure why... 


And now, for my favorite:




It's true, I know that Safed is technically one of the many acceptable spellings of Tsfat. But the cheeze really had me smiling here! And when you put the safed next to the cheeze, it's even better! I'm envisioning some very secure cheeze, all locked up in shackles :)


That's all for now, folks - have a great week! And, to stick with our theme, do go check out Lesley's meme - Signs, Signs, to see interesting signage from all over the world! Have a great week, everyone!



15 comments:

Samual said...

Its a really great Blog. These days retail menu signages are in vogue. Large fast food joints and retailers are using this medium to inform customers about the products they offer.

retail signage

Anonymous said...

What's next for Safed Cheeze? Cheeze Whiz? Or is that Cheese Wheeze?

Jeez!

HolyCityPrayer said...

Safed Cheeze, Whiz,

pardon my juvenility, but these words bring back memories of sounds and smells of the sixth grade

hamevin yavin

Photo Cache said...

thank god for bilingual signs.

Marvin said...

I will enjoy my safed cheese in the rooms I rentes. Nice signage finds.

genie said...

Well, this series really made my afternoon. I just love your photos as well as your commentary. Signage like this is so much fun to view and then to think about. Fab post.

Inger-M said...

Nice signs!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Very interesting signs.

Kim, USA said...

These signs makes me smile ^_^ Thanks for sharing!
Signs

Dinah said...

love the signs!

Sign:Wanted

toby said...

Thanks, everyone!

Unknown said...

LOL these signs are funny but your story is funnier. a cheeze in shackles? i'm also reading "rentes" out loud, in Italian accent. :p

Lesley said...

Your sign collection is always a great joy to read. And your door collection of Tsfat is a joy to behold. I almost want to visit just to see them for real!

marina said...

Great signs! made me smile

RedPat said...

Funny signs! Love the weird spelling.