26 April, 2010

Burgers, third time's the charm

My friend Aviva (hi, Aviva!) mentioned to me that she saw a funny item listed on a menu from Burger's Bar, a restaurant that we often enjoy. Apparently they now have a Lamp Warp on their menu! I found it a little curious, since I've gone over that menu quite a few times, and didn't remember seeing anything like that. But I also know that the menu has occasionally changed, and so when we got one in the mail, I decided to take a look.

Lo and behold, here's what I found!
Now I just have to tell you - I saw that menu a few months ago, and there were no warps on it. Not a one! It's true, we did see that one on the wall all that time ago, but never on the paper menus. Which got me thinking - do they actually retype their menus, every single time? How strange. Or perhaps they were advised that warp was the proper spelling, and went specifically to change them all? Hmm, but the header still says wrap. What can I say? I find this really strange. And that's not even accounting for the edible lamps :)

While I was looking, I also found this:
Neither of them are chilly, like we saw last time. I wonder if there's some deep meaning here that I'm missing...

Thanks for spotting this, Aviva! And have a great week, all!

6 comments:

Benjy said...

I like this. These all sound like food-based Sonic the Hedgehog levels.

Bubby said...

Wouldn't it be cool if you could go back to before and they could serve a time warp? Now that would be a big seller!

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I've seen a menu in Israel that's directed at Trekkies.

As for the hot chile, wasn't that a song back in the 70s? Hot Chile in the City?

Anonymous said...

Does that last picture say "Made with the freshest preservatives"?

-Gidon

toby said...

Glad you enjoyed, everyone!

And Gidon - I had a feeling that someone would ask about that one ;) The header says "Made with the freshest ingredients - No Preservatives."

Batya said...

I may have mentioned this before, but there was once a "Snake Bar" near the old bus station.