21 January, 2010

A simply splendid post

There's an older guy at my office who keeps things. I don't know how else to describe it - if there's anything you need, just ask him, and it's likely that he has it. He likes collecting old broken stuff, fixing it up, and giving it out to his friends. Furthermore, he's pretty handy at building new things out of what others would label junk. I'm pleased to list myself among his friends, and over the years, he's helped me out, and I've happily provided him with lots of broken stuff in return :)

A couple of months ago, he came to my desk, and offered me a wristwatch. I recalled my oldest daughter asking for a new one, and so I figured I'd bring it home and see if she was interested. She really liked it, since it had one of those stretchy bands, and since it fit, she slipped it right on. That's why I didn't get a close look at it until later. Imagine my surprise:



Unbelievable, right? I just don't get tired of this stuff.

By the way, I have to recommend this post that I saw today at Lovely Listings. If you haven't seen this blog before, go now! Sara is always, always laugh-out-loud funny - you won't regret going back and checking her daily!
Have a great weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Bubby said...

Splendid!

toby said...

Bubby - well, almost ;)