29 March, 2009

Just the guys you want to help you keep time


You may not know this, but there is one, and only one wristwatch company in Israel. Well, as of 8 years ago I knew that to be true, and I assume that it still is. "Adi" Watches, of Kibbutz Yavne, is the sole Israeli watch company. I have an Adi watch, and it's been faithful for quite some time.

My dear husband Dave found this advertisement for Adi in today's paper:


That's a pretty watch - much fancier than the one I have. I think I'd like to find out more about it - here, let's zoom in on the url so we'll know where to look:


Oh - please tell me they didn't actually do that! It's a watch company - the only word that they need to know how to spell correctly in English is "watch," right?

As a short postscript - the actual site is spelled correctly, it's only this ad that's messed up. That's a small relief - I think...

5 comments:

Nechama said...

It's no relief to the company, seeing as this may well impact their site traffic... but whoever copyedited that, well, I'm guessing they no longer handle the account.

toby said...

That's just the thing - I have a feeling that if they notice, they won't care at all! I'm telling you, the more I find these things, the more I realize that English here is for decoration only...

RivkA with a capital A said...

too funny.

they better get their next ad free!!

RivkA with a capital A said...

ps. "English... is for decoration only..." -- LOL!!

toby said...

RivkA - Hi there - what an honor to have you stop by! I'm glad you enjoyed...