02 February, 2009

Books? What are those for?


So I was checking out one of my favorite blogs the other day - it's called "It's Lovely! I'll Take It!" (feel free to click the link on my sidebar). It's a compilation of silly photos people use in their real estate ads, and it's consistently entertaining - highly recommended!

Anyway, Sara (the author) has BlogHer ads along the side. BlogHer, apparently, is some kind of online community for female bloggers. I've actually considered joining a few times, but it's not entirely clear to me what it's all about. Anyway, apparently they have ads, among other things, and this one struck me as quite funny. I have a feeling that this might be one of those photos that not all of you find funny, though. We'll have to wait and see. Here it is:


Now, I think that the UNCF is a great thing, don't get me wrong. And I have a strong feeling that the motivation behind this photo was along the lines of "books, the building blocks of... something." But that's totally not what I saw. To me, this says, "we have all these books lying around that no one's going to use - looks like encasing them in concrete is the best thing we can do with them."

No?

2 comments:

Esser Agaroth said...

B"H

< giggle >

Anonymous said...

Is it so wrong that i find it less an amusement and more an inspiration for a fantastic wall finish in a study?