26 August, 2008

Heavenly signs


Today's post isn't a written sign, but rather a (very) short story about the interpretation of, let's call it, a vision.

A few days ago, my coworker (they finally took down the exit sign above his desk, for those of you who were worried) said to me, "Look, Toby! A rainbow!"

I looked at where he was pointing, and indeed, it was true.

So, down-to-Earth American me, I walked over to the shelf to investigate what was reflecting the sun.

My Israeli coworker said, "God evidently wanted to destroy our engineering department, but changed His mind, and gave us this rainbow as a sign to remember."

And I said, "or, someone left an upside down cd on the shelf by the window," and we both had a good chuckle.

Now, my coworker is a very normal guy, and there's no question that his flood story reference was just a good joke. But it got me thinking - are there a lot of other places outside of Israel where everyday folks make biblical jokes?

Anyway, no one has moved the cd, and I'm enjoying the new colorful view.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe in other countries they would talk about "the pot of gold at the end of the cubicle..."